Thursday 4 April 2013

Toddler Milestone at 22-months old


Our is still breastfeeding at 22-months old, however, I would top-up with formula (Sustagen Junior 1+). 


She'd normally consume 150 ml formula after breakfast and another 150 ml after lunch which she won't finish until later in the evening.

One thing I consider as an achievement would be her ability to sleep on her own without clinging onto me!


Even when she wakes up, she won't cry and goes her merry way searching for the iPad to play cartoons or play with her toys. 

She looks forward to having her shower, especially with Daddy, as he'll bring her to the bathtub so she gets to play with the bubble bath. 

She loves to go into the pool too!


After taking her bath, when I lay her down on her changing table, she will extend both arms and hug me, "I love you, Ummi" ... (aaawwwww!!!!!)

Sometimes, without any warning, she'll hug me while she's playing or hug my leg when I'm doing something and say, "I love you, Ummi" ... (aaaaaaawwwwwww!!!!!)

She is still picky with her food (sigh) and I've only started to make my own tortilla wraps (I had NO IDEA it was super easy!) to add on to her menu (who says pleasing toddlers ain't tough?).

She understands basic instructions and she's able to verbalize her needs (well, most of the time) and if her needs aren't met IMMEDIATELY, she tends to cry / repeat her request.

Beloved hubby and I are both waiting to see if she'll hit the "Terrible Two" milestone (which we're hoping and praying she won't!) as a colleague of ours keep telling us, "You wait lar, when she turns two, see how she'll turn your life upside down and throw tantrums!"

*Crossing our fingers...*

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)