Tuesday 18 July 2017

Daily Schedule with a 6-month old, 2-years old & 6-years old

A snippet of our daily routine (on any given weekday) with a 6-month old, 2-years old and 6-years old kids.

Morning
Prepare breakfast 🍳  for the family and pack hubby's lunchbox. 
On certain days, hubby will prepare breakfast.
Hubby will bathe the younger ones, depending on who wakes up early before hubby leaves for work.
Breakfast together as a family.
Hubby leaves for work.
Baby is fed and would either fall asleep or play with the bigger siblings.
Kids play at their play area  / outside the house / we would head down to the playground.
Return to the house and kids would continue playing whilst I prepare lunch.

Afternoon
Lunch together.
The younger kids will take their naps whilst our eldest would have quiet time.
I'd normally doze off as the baby prefers to bf.
When they wake up, they'd prefer having snacks before going out to play.

* On certain days, we would do the laundry or sweep & mop the floors (weekly basis).
Hubby takes care of cleaning the bathrooms and wiping dust off our fans over the weekends.

Evening
Hubby comes home from work and starts to cook (if I did not prepare dinner that day) or brings home our dinner.
Dinner together.
Family time.
Bedtime is at 9pm so hubby reads to our eldest, joined by #2 if she's still awake whilst I put the baby to sleep.
If I'm too tired, I'd fall asleep too else hubby and I would catch up and share how our day went.

This is how our typical weekday is and I have not included the times when baby is clingy or #2 has her meltdowns or #1 & #2 would constantly fight.

Currently, this routine works for us and the only time I'm comfortable to bring all 3 kids out on my own is when #1 has soccer practice or when we're headed to the playground. 

I'd rather not bring them around on my own as yet and would prefer going out more often when the baby is slightly older.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)