Monday 11 January 2016

Ushering 2016

Hubby and I are both in our 30s.
We have a 5 yo toddler and 5 month old baby.
How did we usher in the new year?
Nothing much. 

The Baby and I were already in bed by 9pm on new year's eve.
Lil' Tot was watching TV with hubby when she fell asleep on the sofa.
Hubby followed suit.

I woke up close to midnight just to check on Lil' Tot and found both Lil' Tot and hubby asleep in the living room.
I woke hubby up so that he could carry Lil' Tot into the room.

By the time I went back into the bedroom, I could hear fireworks going off.
I managed to see fireworks from my bedroom window for about a minute or so and decided to just go back to sleep.

Woke up around 6am.
After taking my shower, I prepared breakfast.
Hubby woke up not long after and I told him I planned to grab coffee from our local cafe so he could look after the kids who were still in slumber.

I reached the cafe around 8.30am and was greeted by a sleepy-looking barista who was still friendly, nonetheless.
We exchanged greetings and chatted for a bit before I headed home.

There you go.
How we ushered in the new year. :D



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from YOU! :)